Consolidated Communications implemented Resolve’s platform to enhance its existing network monitoring capabilities and to automate a wide variety of business operations for enhanced call center service delivery.
Consolidated Communications wanted to maintain 24x7 uptime across its network while delivering the highest levels of customer service without ripping and replacing current diagnostic systems. Plus, they wanted to speed incident resolution and reduce their reliance on ticket escalations and other time-consuming delays.
Combining Resolve with IBM® Tivoli® Netcool® Software, Consolidated Communications is now able to:
- Prevent network downtime and service degradation
- Achieve enhanced internal collaboration
- Streamline workflows, automated or not
- Save thousands of hours each year to positively impact customer service
What’s more— the team keeps finding new ways to use Resolve. “Our library now contains 234 action tasks. That number will continue to grow because we are constantly identifying trends coming into the network operations center that make sense for automation,” says Chris Smith, Senior Manager, Network Operations Center and Automation.
“The tools we’ve been able to develop using the Resolve Platform have provided us continual monthly savings of over one million dollars...” ―Darin Tiemann, Manager Network Tools & Automation
- $1M in Monthly savings – Faster resolution, reduced escalations, and automated validation, diagnosis, and resolution all contribute to savings
- Rapid Time to Value – 277% savings over alternative solutions with an ROI of less than 9 months
- Unified Control – Streamline workflows with Resolve as the central repository for internal information, configuration, and understanding of different customers, with the capability for integration with other technologies
- Reduced Escalations – CSRs are empowered to fix complex issues on their own for faster resolution and improved productivity
“We use Resolve in my center on every customer call – it’s literally our life blood. It enables our front-line agents to gain a knowledge of the network and we’ve got it coded using green, yellow, red, in terms of warnings – alarms – things that our agents can take action on...” ―Ryan Walker, Director, Technical Support
Company Size: 1,001 – 5,000 Employees
About Consolidated Communications:
As a provider of advanced communications services to both residential and business customers in California, Illinois, Texas and Pennsylvania, Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ:CNSL) offers local and long distance telephone, digital phone, high-speed internet access and digital TV over its technologically advanced IP-based network.