We are looking for an experienced, Staff Accountant to join our company. As a growth-stage company we are looking for someone that will support the accounting and finance department by performing day to day accounting tasks, account analysis, and month-end closing activities. A successful candidate will have the ability to work autonomously and be deadline driven.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for various aspects of the day-to-day transactional activities, including:
- Record all vendor invoices and perform payment runs based on cash disbursement plan
- Record daily bank activity, cash receipts, etc. (cash management/Treasury)
- Maintain & perform journal entries to ensure the accuracy of ledger balances
- Assist Accounting Manager to process payroll for international subsidiaries
- Perform month-end closing processes including reconciliations of assigned balance sheet accounts.
- Ensure the timely and accurate preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements / lender reporting in accordance with GAAP.
- Compile financial work-papers for audit / tax return preparation and work with external CPA firms to ensure timely / accurate tax filings.
- Perform other special projects, historical research, and financial analysis and any additional duties as assigned.
- Think outside the box on how we can improve our processes to enable growth.
- Proactively resolve issues and maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Collaborate and coordinate with various business partners to obtain required financial reporting information and develop improvements to the financial reporting process.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent field required
- Experience with NetSuite ERP system is a must
- 2-3 years of general accounting experience
- Strong understanding of US GAAP preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Experience in the software industry preferred
- Self-directed and hands-on, able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks required
- Excellent communication and writing skills required
- Ability to work professionally with all levels of management
- Demonstrated success working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Reports directly to the Accounting Manager
Contact us today at email@example.com.